Flourless Chocolate Brownies that are naturally gluten free and very very decadent! This is The She Chocolat Recipe!
TIP: Always use good extra dark chocolate - 70% or over works best.
Minimise the amount of air when making brownies so that they do not rise in the oven (unlike most baking)
300g's butter - at room temperature
225g's 70% good chocolate
1/2 cap of high quality vanilla extract
200g's Almond meal
- Melt dark chocolate over double boiler (or a bowl over a pot of boiling water)
- Beat butter and chocolate together.
- Add eggs to butter and chocolate mixture one at a time and beat until mixed through.
- Add sugar and vanilla and beat until sugar has dissolved.
- Fold in the almond meal by hand, ensuring that it is well mixed through.
- Leave to sit over a number of hours so that any air that has been created through the mixing can escape.
- Bake in the over on 150 for 90 minutes, turning tray around after 45 minutes.
- Allow to fully cool down, turn upside-down onto flay tray and cut
- Dust with icing sugar or drizzled chocolate.
- Serve with whipped cream or warm with vanilla bean icecream.